» We offer Consulting, Mentoring, and Coaching to:
We offer Consulting, Mentoring, and Coaching to:
- Build strong teams and engaged employees
- Support you to get the results you want
- Work with you to create a work environment where individuals are valued for their contributions
- Encourage a culture of appreciation
Recognizing good work leads to high energy, great feelings,
high-quality performance and terrific results.
Not acknowledging good work causes lethargy,
resentment, sorrow and withdrawal.
– Judith W. Umlas, The Power of Acknowledgment © 2006 IIL Publishing
My professional experience has been primarily in the non-profit sector. Over the past 45 years, I’ve worked as an Executive Director, Program Director, Program Manager, and Case Manager. I’ve also worked in the for-profit sector as a counselor and therapist. I have a Master’s degree in Education with a concentration in Counseling.
The primary focus of my work has been on developing programs aimed at empowering individuals. I enjoy building strong teams of individuals who recognize how their contribution adds to the whole. My passion is to create environments where people love to work and where we get outstanding results.
I’ve taken struggling non-profit organizations and brought new life to them – financially, programmatically, and through the achievement of client results. I’ve expanded the communities that support programs. My staff and I provided structures for efficient and productive working environments. I have learned that teams produce the best results when people work together in an environment of mutual acceptance, respect, appreciation, and trust. My work is dedicated to helping organizations and individuals achieve those results.
I thought words from staff who have worked with me might be the best way for you to get a sense of how I work :
- “I love the way you bring people together to form a community.”
- “Thank you for hiring me all those years ago giving me one of the most amazing and life-changing experiences I’ve ever experienced. You have been one of the most influential people in my life.”
- “You have the unique ability to see what is important, to keep your eye on the ball, while seeing the big picture. You make it very easy to come to you and create a solution with you. Thank you for being someone who can see the forest through the trees.”
- “I acknowledge you for being one of the most thoughtful, innovative and caring people I know! Your model of commitment to your ideals, along with your determination to know and love people, makes me believe that anything is possible and that I shouldn’t ever settle for less than the best for those around me.”
- “I appreciate that you include me in decisions that impact the organization. You allow my opinion to influence outcomes and organizational procedure.”
- “You have the ability to love and inspire all those around you.”
- “In my moments of doubt and fear about my capacity to create change, I hear your voice in my head, telling me that I am capable and that I matter to the world. I have a tendency to become discouraged and you have truly changed my life in that you have helped me to learn how to believe in myself.”
- “Margy gave me a lot of freedom and responsibility and still stayed in tune with what I was doing. She encouraged me. She always supported me and taught me new things. She is a great role model to me. Thank you for your leadership and example.”
- “When I think of Margy I think of acknowledgements as she is the Queen of Acknowledgements.”
- “Thanks for creating such a fun work environment.”
Are these your goals?
- To have productive and engaged employees and staff members
- To build a strong team of individuals who work well together
- To have high employee retention
- To have employees who give high marks in their satisfaction surveys
- To create a work place where your employees – and you – love to work
- To achieve better results…